Prodigy’s official cause of death is listed as accidental choking … TMZ has learned.
The Clark County Medical Examiner has made the determination after completing its investigation into Prodigy’s June 20 death. As TMZ first reported, he was in a Las Vegas hospital when he choked on an egg.
Prodigy was in the hospital getting treatment for sickle cell anemia — which he’d battled his entire life, and had flared up immediately following a performance in severe Las Vegas heat.
The Mobb Deep MC was 42.